Monday 20 August 2007

Toga Party Phrases

OK, I am trying to collect some handy Latin phrases for use at my next toga party. I have only managed a few so far - my Latin is not all it should be. I will keep adding as I get more

If there are any Latin aficionado's out there - your additions would be much appreciated!

Toga Party Phrases

1. Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

2. Braccae tuae aperiuntur
Your fly is open

3.Capillamentum? Haudquaquam conieci esse!
A wig? I never would have guessed!

4.Da mihi sis cerevisiam dilutam
I'll have a light beer

5.Absum!
I'm outta here!

6.Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri?
(At a barbeque) Ever noticed how wherever you stand, the smoke goes right into your face?

7.Apudne te vel me?
Your place or mine?

8.Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis
Good wine gladdens a person's heart

9.Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
Life is too short to dance with ugly women

10.Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita
Life is too short to dance with ugly men

11.Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris

If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar

12.Carpe Cerevisi or Corripe Cervisiam (thanks to anonymous for this!)
Seize the beer!

13.Cave cibum, valde malus est
Beware the food, it is very bad

14.Cedant arma togae

Let arms yield to the toga.

15.Certamen bikini-suicidus-disci mox coepit?
Does the Bikini-Suicide-Frisbee match start soon?

16.Cogito sumere potum alterum
I think I'll have another drink

17.Crapulam terriblem habeo
I have a terrible hangover


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carpe Cervesi - Sieze the beer